Alerts are used to notify you of calls that meet specific conditions that are pre-defined by you. The information that shows for your Alert will depend on which type of Event you select for the Alert. For example, if the Event Type is listed as Call Initiated, then the duration of the call will not show.
The system will review all initiated or terminated calls, and when it finds a call meeting your criteria, it will notify you with information regarding that call, so that you can address any issues or make any necessary changes to current policies or procedures.
On the Alerts tab, you can view, edit, or delete Alerts you have already created, and set up new Alerts. You can also view your Alert History, which is a list of the Alerts which have executed in the system.
Creating & Editing Alerts
To create a new Alert, from the Alerts tab:
- Click Manage Alerts.
- Then click New.
- Enter a name.
- Enter a Description of the Alert.
- Select the Event Type from the drop-down list:
- Call Initiated - Creates an Alert when a call is started that meets the criteria.
- Call Terminated - Creates an Alert when a call is ended that meets the criteria.
- Enter the specific parameters for your Alert from the long list of options in the dialog box.
- Click Save.
Note: Some parameters will only appear if the Call Terminated option is selected, like the DTMF (or “Dial Tone Multi-Frequency Signaling”) options, for example.
- The DTMF Digits Option defines whether the on-demand Alert will be a clip Alert, or will be triggered only when the DTMF Digits (or touch tone digits) are entered by the User. Additionally, this field identifies the DTMF Digits use to initiate the on-demand Alert.
- The DTMF Tolerance Option identifies the amount of time the User has to complete the entry of the DTMF Digits to initiate the on-demand Alert and, if applicable, end the on-demand Alert clip.
To edit a previously-created Alert, from the Alert list:
- Click the alert you would like to edit.
- Then click Edit.
- You can change or update all of the fields available when creating new Alerts.
- Click Save when you are done with editing the Alert.
To delete an Alert, from the Alert list:
- Click the alert you would like to remove.
- Then click Delete.